Hi All,

Hope you are having a great weekend!!!   I picked up this great lantern (aka greenhouse or whatever you would like to call it) while we were in Hilton Head, SC.  Here it is after I decorated it with a beach theme.
I knew I had to have it when I saw it and my husband liked it too (bonus)!!!  This thing is huge - it is a glass paneled hexagon, standing over 28 inches tall and 12 inches wide.  And I am not kidding when I say it is very camera shy - with all the glass panels, this was a true challenge to photograph.  It wants to reflect everything - it looks great in person but trying to capture the details in the camera lens without getting reflections...oh my!!!  This was definitely one of those posts that taking a ton of pictures took longer than it did to decorate it.
I knew how I would decorate the lantern for summer as soon as I saw it.  This time of year, I love beach accents and this was no exception.  Using items that I had, I wrapped three pillar candles in twine, then placed them at different heights (using scrap pieces of wood - to raise the candles), filled the bottom with sand, scattered small shells on top of the sand and added a large starfish.
This has a lot of potential it can be used indoors or outdoors.  The structure is great because the wind often blows out open candles on our patio.
The entire top flips open for easy access to the inside.  You could also add plants and use it as a mini greenhouse.
I think this oversized lantern will be fun to decorate winter, spring summer and fall  as well as for the holidays - unlimited possibilities...you will likely see this again.
Here is one last look.
Beach Decor - Beach Accent
Before - Empty
Beach Decor - Beach Accents
After - Beach Accents
This is definitely a new favorite for me - how about you? Do you have something that you like to decorate for each of the seasons and holidays.  If so, I'd love to hear about it.
I am linking up with these very talented ladies at their great parties - see you there!!!  That may look like a lot of parties but it's been a while since I have gotten out!!!
Cheri - It's So Very Cheri
Deck Makeover - Beach Decor
A Deck Makeover
Bird Centerpiece
Bird Centerpieces
Have a great week!!!

Enjoy!!!

Comments

07/22/2012 22:31

I never would have thought to put anything in it, but I love your beach theme. Really brings the lantern to life.

07/23/2012 05:43

Good Morning Toodie,

Thank you!!! The beach is one of my favorite places so I love beach accents - especially this time of year. Thank you for stopping by.

07/23/2012 14:23

I love a lantern! This looks great decorated for the summer! Hilton Head is one of my favorite places on the planet! I am a fellow partier over at Debbie's Newbie party! Life to the full to you!

07/23/2012 16:26

Hi Melissa, Thank you!!! We really enjoy Hilton Head - beautiful, laid back - but plenty to do not as commercialized as some of the other beaches. Thank you for stopping by - I dropped by your site also - very nice. Thank you again!!!

07/23/2012 16:15

hi Sherry, visiting you back , love the beach theme you did on the lantern very pretty. i love those rustic looking lamps!

07/23/2012 16:31

Hi Lauren, Thank you for the compliment and for stopping by. I find it hard to resist a pretty lantern. Keep those furniture revivals coming!!!

07/23/2012 19:22

How I love a good lantern! Nicely done! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from BNOTP. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-7.html Hope to see you at the bash! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

07/23/2012 20:16

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for the kind comment and the invite!!! Hopping on over to the bash at The Dedicated House!!!

07/23/2012 22:41

How pretty! I love this lantern and I love how fresh and summery you made it. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

07/23/2012 22:49

Hi Debbie,

Thank you!!! I couldn't pass this lantern up - being summer it was screaming make me beachy. Thank you for stopping by and thanks again for hosting the Newbie Party.

07/24/2012 01:05

Love your lantern! I never would have thought of this but I love it! Thanks for sharing:)

07/24/2012 05:33

Hi Kelly,

Thank you!!!

Monica
07/24/2012 18:19

SO cute! I love this...I need one for my nauticall themed bathroom :) Great job!

07/24/2012 18:59

Hi Monica,

Great idea - I hadn't thought about using it in the bathroom. Thank you!!!

07/24/2012 20:07

I love this! I've been doing beachy projects all week and can't get enough of them! This looks fantastic!

07/24/2012 20:29

Hi Danni,

Tis the season to be beachy!!! Thank you!!!

07/24/2012 20:51

Hi Sherry, I love your makeovers! I've been nosing around a bit! You are my Newbie in the Spotlight this week! You will be on my blog in the morning! Thank you for linking up to Debbiedoo's Newbie party and please come over after 7am EST and get your Newbie in the Spotlight button!
Thanks,
Debbie

07/25/2012 05:38

Gooood Morning Debbie,

Oh WOW; what a great surprise and huge compliment!!! How exciting - thank you very much!!! What a great way to start the day!!! Thank you a million times!!!

07/25/2012 07:57

That is such a pretty lantern! The lantern itself is wonderful, and they way you've decorated it just takes it to a whole other level.
Congrats on being in the Newbie Spotlight!

07/25/2012 19:31

Thank you, Gina!!! Thank you for all you do for the Newbie Spotlights!!! I hope your daughter is feeling much better.

07/25/2012 11:29

Wow! That is so pretty... I can imagine it was a little stinker to get good photos of ;) It was worth it though. It looks wonderful. I love the sand too! It really pulls the look together :)

07/25/2012 19:33

Thank you Shannon!!! It was a total bugger trying to get shots. I tried morning, noon and night as well as cloudy days - it was insane!!! Thank you for all you do for the Newbie Spotlights!!!

07/25/2012 15:36

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your feature @ reFresh reStyle!

07/25/2012 19:34

Hi Jessica,

Thank you!!!

07/25/2012 16:24

LOVING IT!! Yes, a great way to also display a winter theme. A few years ago I purchased a lantern similar to yours but smaller.. and asked the lady at the flower shop to decorate the inside with a winter theme. It looked FABULOUS! It was a gift.. so I don't have any photos :(

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

07/25/2012 19:37

Thank you, Christine!!! Although I love summer and want it to stick around for a looonnnngggg time - I do look forward to decorating it at Christmas time. Thank you for hosting DIY Dreamer!!!

07/25/2012 16:24

Love it!
<a href="http://iheartpears.blogspot.com/2012/07/ergobaby-carriers-just-for-you.html">www.iheartpears.blogspot.com</a>

07/25/2012 19:40

Thank you, Elise!!!

07/26/2012 13:48

Just stopping by from Debbie's to say hello! Your lantern is so fun!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

07/26/2012 17:49

Hi Karianne,

Thank you!!! I like fun stuff - thank you for stopping by!!!

07/29/2012 18:33

Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

07/29/2012 19:57

Hi Kathryn,

You're welcome but it was my pleasure - thank you for hosting and thank you for stopping by!!!

07/29/2012 20:46

Sherry I love the lantern. You've given it the perfect beachy scheme for the summer and I can easily see it transforming throughout the holiday season. Thanks so much for linking it with us at WIW.
Hugs,
Patti

08/01/2012 18:09

Hi Patti,

Thank you!!! It will be fun to decorate for the other seasons - I hope it gets to stay this way for a looonnnggg time - meaning we had a nice long summer.

07/29/2012 20:52

It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy's blog! You are invited to join the party by linking up anything related to making your space a better place for you and your loved ones. Please join us at Making Space Mondays at www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com. Link up starting at 9:00 (central time) tonight. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

08/01/2012 18:10

Hi Tabitha,

Thank you for the invite!!!

08/01/2012 10:17

Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come stop by and grab a featured button! http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/07/your-whims-wednesday-70-and-features.html

08/01/2012 18:13

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for featuring the Beach Accent Lantern on Your Whims Wednesday!!! What a pleasant surprise!!!

08/02/2012 09:44

I love your beach project.u. I would love to feature you but I don't see a hyperlink back to my post and that is really bad for all of our SEO. Here's a post I did about it. http://itssoverycheri.com/2012/07/21/linky-party-etiquette-seo-and-how-to-get-featured-more/

If you add my hyperlink in, and let me know, I would be happy to feature you.

Cheri

08/06/2012 11:44

Hi Cheri,

So sorry for missing the hyperlink; thank you for poiting it out to me. Yes I would love to be featured on It's So Very Cheri. I read your article and it makes sooooo much sense to add a permalink instead of just the site's URL. I highly recommend this article to all that have not read it. It does take more time - but it's the least we can do to show our appreciation to the hostess. Thank you, again!!!

08/02/2012 17:41

I love the beach/cottage feel to the lateen. It's so pretty. I wish I had one for my bathroom... going to be on the lookout. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

08/06/2012 11:46

Hi Nicole,

Thank you!!! I saw a similar one just the other day at Marhall's. If you have one neaby it may be worth a shot. Thank you for stopping by and good luck!!!

08/06/2012 17:38

I am featuring your lantern tomorrow,

Cheri

08/07/2012 14:48

Thank you for featuring the Beach Lantern at It's So Very Cheri!!!

10/30/2012 00:42

I just wanted to drop by and tell you I pinned this lantern to my Pinterest page and it gets repinned all the time:) It's so cute! Anyway I just wanted to let you know how popular your lantern is :) Have a great day!

10/31/2012 04:01

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for stopping by and letting me know; I appreciate it. You have a great day too!

Sherry

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.